Learn the basic of quilting at our Intro to Quilting workshop! Over the course of three 3.5-hour sessions we'll cover everything from selecting fabric to getting that perfect 1/4" seam and of course, quilting!
Skill Level: This is a confident beginner sewing class. Students should be comfortable operating a sewing machine and maintaining a consistent seam allowance. If you've never sewn before we recommend starting with our Sewing 101 course.
Materials: All materials and needed tools are included in the registration fee, simply bring something to take notes with. Students will choose fabric from our selection of charm packs and quilting cottons for the lining.
In this course you will learn:
- Week 1: Selecting fabric and making HSTs
- Week 2: Layout, piecing slab, basting and start quilting
- Week 3: Finish quilting, attach binding and finish
- Tips for selecting fabric to get a nice range of value and how to tell if colors work together
- How to sew a precise 1/4" seam allowance and how to set up your machine at home
- How to use a rotary cutter and tips for trimming
- How to web piece to make piecing your quilt tops go much faster
- How to baste your quilt sandwich using a home made basting spray
- Proper technique for quilting on a home machine including marking lines, and machine adjustments
- How to make and attach binding
And the end of the course you will have the basics down and be ready to make a full size quilt on your own!
All students will use the classroom sewing machines. They are Bernette b77s.
Please make sure you can attend all sessions before registering, there will be no make up sessions offered.
If our classes are not financially affordable for you we invite you to apply for our scholarship program! Details can be found here
Cancellation Notice: Makers are kindly requested to provide a minimum of 72 hours' notice in the event of needing to cancel or reschedule an appointment. This advance notice allows us to accommodate other makers and make any necessary adjustments to our schedule.
Refunds: Any class cancellations made more than 72 hours in advance will receive either a full refund on a gift card, or a full refund minus a $5 card processing fee to the card used for registration. This fee accounts for the costs associated with the transaction and ensures a smooth and secure refund process.
Late Cancellations: Cancellations made less than 72 hours before and no shows will forfeit the registration fee.
Contact Information: To request a cancellation or reschedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 425-291-7452
|Instructor: ||Tawnee Kinnebrew|
|Instructor Bio: ||Tawnee is the owner of Wyldwood and has been quilting for almost a decade! She loves sharing her knowledge with the community. She approaches quilt with a "you are the boss of your quilt" mentality. There are no "wrong" ways to do something, she is excited to help you find what works for you!|