Last updated:September 2021
Manufacturing: Germany and Spain
Gütermann did not share how they're addressing racial and social equity with us.
Gütermann is incredibly committed to environmental sustainability. They have a very detailed sustainability report that you can explore here.
Their "10 Threads of Sustainability" that they outline on their site are:
- Global Carbon Footprint (Since 2006, A&E Gütermann reduced their carbon footprint measured in CO2e per kilogram of thread by 11%.)
- Water Stewardship (A&E Gütermann researches water-saving technologies, investing over $12 million in state-of-the-art wastewater treatment and recycling technology since 2010. They've reduced their global water consumption in liters per kilogram of thread by 48% since 2006. They've also recycled and reused over 1.5 billion liters of wastewater since 2013.)
- Energy Conservation (A&E Gütermann is committed to reducing their global GHG intensity and global energy intensity each year, reducing their global power consumption in KwH per kilogram of thread since 2006 by 7%.)
- Sustainable Packaging
- Recycling and Waste Reduction (16 A&E Gütermann Operations and support facilities have achieved 100% zero-waste-to-landfill status in 2017 from just two in 2015.)
- Sustainable Products
- Global EHS and Social Responsibility Compliance
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Product Stewardship
- Education and Involvement
Gütermann did not share any other ways they give back with us.