Last updated: September 2021
Woman owned and founded
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Grainline Studios has a wonderful blog post outlining their support and commitment to Black Lives Matter. You can read the full post here. Here's the mission they've outlined for themselves in their post:
- Continue to educate ourselves so that we can become better allies.
- Work to ensure that representation on our website and social media matches the diversity of the sewing community.
- A continued commitment to working with a diverse group of makers in our testing processes.
- Continuing to offer and increase compensation to everyone involved in the processes of developing and releasing our sewing patterns.
- Using our voice and platform to speak out against racism and inequality in the community.
- Creating a diverse team of content contributors for our blog and website.
- Volunteering and sharing our career experiences with Chicago students.
- Form meaningful partnerships with companies that also support this mission.
Grainline Studios uses eco-packaging and they try to use as little packaging as possible.